Massage Therapy and therapeutic massages not only feel good, it’s good for you. The health benefits of massage therapy are proven and far-reaching.
From alleviating stress; to reducing pain from injuries, exercise, migraines, or aging, enhancing sleep quality, to increasing flexibility and range of motion, therapeutic massage delivers a host of benefits that can improve the heath and well-being of virtually every patient.
MassageTherapy.com lists these additional conditions in which massage therapy can help:
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
• Ease medication dependence.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
• Increase joint flexibility.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
• Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
• Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieve migraine pain.
The registered and certified massage therapists at Licking County Chiropractic are experienced in a variety of therapeutic massage techniques and ready to provide the treatment that’s ideal for you. Contact us today to discuss your needs, and let our massage therapists design a treatment regimen to put you on the path to good health.